Clarity

• 1.  Idea Setting Page Not visible

Posted Nov 20, 2018 07:28 PM

Hi,

What is the reason of missing settings page even when a user (Non-admin) has Edit-All rights over ideas?

Idea view I am referring to  is idea.cop.settings

Regards,

Uruj

• 2.  Re: Idea Setting Page Not visible

Posted Nov 20, 2018 08:45 PM

Check Sub-page properties for the Settings subpage.  If 'Secure' has been ticked, then the user needs required security access this sub-page.  Given that a "user (Non-admin)" currently can't access it, my quess, it is currently secure.

Note, screen shot from Project, but same applies to the Idea object.

• 3.  Re: Idea Setting Page Not visible

Posted Nov 20, 2018 08:48 PM

Thanks, I too checked it but is not secure

• 4.  Re: Idea Setting Page Not visible

Posted Nov 20, 2018 10:28 PM

I notice that you have a 'Delete' button, which would imply there is some form of 'Display condition' as the Delete button only gets displayed when you have a 'Display Condition'.  BUT, your Display Condition is not shown in your screen shot.  Do you need a display condition, if not, try in your DEV environment deleting it?  Won't explain why a non-admin user can't see the page, and an admin user can, but it is not right either way.

• 5.  Re: Idea Setting Page Not visible

Posted Nov 21, 2018 05:35 AM

Roland has a point. Also, I think the screenshot that you shared in this comment-thread is cropped because after the Display Condition ribbon, you should have another ribbon called "Display if..." no matter whether you have any condition or not. I am sure you have some condition over there that is cropped in the screenshot. You need remove that condition. 

• 6.  Re: Idea Setting Page Not visible

Posted Nov 21, 2018 06:14 PM

I think I should raise this with CA. I will share the investigation results.

• 7.  Re: Idea Setting Page Not visible

Posted Nov 21, 2018 11:46 PM

Yes, Uruj. That would be best for you in this case. A closer look is needed on this.

All the best. 

• 8.  Re: Idea Setting Page Not visible
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 02, 2018 05:30 PM

CA suggested an add-in; however that add-in reset all layouts to default OOB Settings. Closing the thread. Thanks all