CA Service Management

• 1.  PAM install integration with Service Catalog in Dev and Training

Posted Nov 21, 2018 11:36 AM

We are just getting started with Service Catalog and PAM.  We have a Development Server and a Training Server and PAM is installed on a third server.  We are using EEM to authenticate.

If we integrate the Training Server with Service Catalog and PAM then we can't seem to get the Development Server to integrate.  Do we need to instances of PAM?  Do we need to create a second instance of PAM in EEM?  We have Service catalog and service catalog1 in EEM and that seems to work fine.

• 2.  Re: PAM install integration with Service Catalog in Dev and Training

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2018 02:32 AM

Good Morning Patsy.

Do I understand you correct when I say that you want to have two different Catalog servers, to be integrated with only one PAM server?

As far as I know (and have seen so far), you can not have one PAM server to integrate with two different Catalog servers.
    As in the PAM/Library/CA SLCM/SLCM_GlobalDataset, you set the (one) Catalog's hostname&port.
    And the corresponding 'spadmin' userid&password.

Thanks and kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: PAM install integration with Service Catalog in Dev and Training
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2018 09:27 AM

The short answer is : You better not.

The long answer is :

You can duplicate the dataset Louis talked about and add the informations of the second Catalog environnment.

BUT, you will have to find a way to differentiate in your processes where the initial call originates from.

I may suggest to use a different user for each environnment and validate it in your process.

switch(Process.callerUser)
    {
    case "userA" :
    Process.myDataset = Datasets["PAM/Library/CA SLCM/SLCM_GlobalDatasetA"];
    break;
    case "userB" :
    Process.myDataset = Datasets["PAM/Library/CA SLCM/SLCM_GlobalDatasetB"];
    break;
    default :
    Process.myDataset = Datasets["PAM/Library/CA SLCM/SLCM_GlobalDatasetA"];
    }

The true advice here is : Do not go there. It is way less effort to have separated environnement. If it is training and dev setup and you have financial limitation, you can install a complete EEM, Catalog and PAM environnment on a single box. Just pay attention to port issues.