Release Automation

• 1.  Will Continuous Delivery Automation be replacing Release Automation?

Posted Nov 21, 2018 12:01 PM

I no longer see CA Release Automation advertised on the CA Products page as a Release tool. (CDA vs RA)

Will the CDA-Continuous Delivery Automation (previously 'Automic') tool be replacing CARA sometime soon?

• If so, how will CA handle the enterprises relying on CARA currently?
      • Will there be a discount to switch?
      • Will there be a tool designed to help port to the new tool?
      • Will CA offer free support to aid clients in converting?

We've noticed it feels like unsupported version emails are being sent out for CARA more often and only the latest 6.6 version is available and planned to be supported, along with the product page no longer being displayed, I have a feeling there's a shift happening that isn't being announced widely enough, if at all.

Please let us know an official statement on what the plans for the future of CARA are for the next few years if possible..

• 2.  Re: Will Continuous Delivery Automation be replacing Release Automation?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2018 10:59 PM

Hi,

I have not heard regarding such migration campaign.

I'm not sure when next roadmap session will be opened, but I recommend to attend it.

I believe that you can find the notice like following in future. 

[ROADMAP] CA Release Automation and CA Continuous Delivery Automation – October 23, 2018 @ 9 a.m. ET 

Thanks

Yas

• 3.  Re: Will Continuous Delivery Automation be replacing Release Automation?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2018 08:59 AM

Dear CA Release Automation User,

Thank you for the community post!

We'd like to make the following statement to the CA Release Automation community:

For customers thinking of migrating, here are some reasons to consider migrating to Continuous Delivery Automation:

• You want to use orchestration capabilities that are not part of CA Release Automation.
    • You want to take advantage of the One Automation platforms scalability & high availability features.
    • You just started off with your CA Release Automation implementation and want to take advantage of a future proof platform.

Kind Regards,

The Continuous Delivery Automation PM Team