DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  show passed values to a SQL query - Oracle Database

Posted Nov 22, 2018 08:25 AM

Hello guys,

I have a Java Agent 10.7 SP2 with SQL Bundle installed. I have enabled the following parameters in the SQL bundle:

introscope.agent.sqlagent.sql.rawsql=true

introscope.agent.sqlagent.showparams=true

introscope.agent.sqlagent.resolveBindParams=true

I restarted the agent, but the Agent is not able to show all vallues in the Query statement.

Ex: SELECT ADRID CODE, ADRVILLE _ _ ? _ _ ADRVOIE _ _ ? _ _ ADRDISTRICT _ _ ? _ _ ADRCODEPOST LIBELLE FROM ADRESSE WHERE ADRID IN (SELECT ADRID FROM ACTADRESSE WHERE ACTID = ? AND AADTYPE = ?)

I stil have the the "?" in the transaction.

How can I solve this issue? Do I need to install a additional bundle like SQL Param Agent?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: show passed values to a SQL query - Oracle Database
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2018 08:37 AM

The configuration should show more details in transaction traces but not as metrics. It is very easy to have a metric explosion even with the normalization (?) in place, it would really not be advisable to try to report all exact statements as metrics, could easily bring the application to a halt

For example

Configure SQL Parameter Monitoring - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

introscope.agent.sqlagent.rawsql
    Type: Boolean
    Description: Enables transaction traces to display full SQL queries. This property reports the SQL at Initial Prepare, SQL Resolved, and SQL with Variables parameters.

• 3.  Re: show passed values to a SQL query - Oracle Database

Posted Nov 22, 2018 09:05 AM

I explained your point to the customer, and he is ok with it, as long as he can see it in the traces, which he can. I guess the problem is  solved.