CA Service Management

• 1.  Incident list sorting

Posted Nov 22, 2018 09:20 AM

Hi,

I'm using CA SDM 17.1.01.

I need to sort the incident list by Projected Violation in order to have a backlog showing on top of list the first SLA to fall.

I use this procedure: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/change-sort-order-on-service-desk-list-forms/kb000049835

The in factory default domset value is this:

open_date DESC, id DESC, mintime=min(attached_slas.time_to_violation), mintgt=min(target_times.target_time), status=status.sym, priority=priority.sym DESC, ref_num

I changed the value to this:

mintime=min(attached_slas.time_to_violation), open_date DESC, id DESC, mintgt=min(target_times.target_time), status=status.sym, priority=priority.sym DESC, ref_num

After the publishing, the header of incident list is marked as sorting by Projected Violation but the incident list is not sorted when the list is loaded from clicking in the scoreboard node.

What's the problem?

Perhaps calculated attributes don't work in domset sorting?

Regards,

Fabio.

• 2.  Re: Incident list sorting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2018 03:44 PM

Fabio, as I couldn't see why they don't sort so I did it and it seemed working fine here. Same version as yours. Please open a Support case and one of Broadcom engineers will work with you to see what is wrong. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Incident list sorting

Posted Nov 26, 2018 04:01 PM

Thank you Chi.

I entered a support case some days ago. Today I've had an answer:

"The triage team was able to verify that this is a defect and it is also occurring in the upcoming 17.1 RU2, so It was added to the backlog of defects so it can be root caused and solved, the process will continue as described in the link bellow":

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-1/en/ca-service-management-17-1-release-notes/defect-resolution-process

Regards,

Fabio.

• 4.  Re: Incident list sorting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2018 04:07 PM

Fabio, so the Support engineer reproduced your issue in the lab? Maybe I didn't understand it right?...this was what I did: I followed the tech doc you posted here and then in the incident node, when I clicked on the node the incidents are sorted according to the projected_violation date. Yours is different? Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Incident list sorting

Posted Nov 26, 2018 04:18 PM

Yes, the Support engineer reproduced the issue.

I'm making the same as you. It's an erratic behavior and I noticed it works on same cases; but not always.

I can reproduce it with only two incidents in a node and accessing several times.

Regards,

Fabio.

• 6.  Re: Incident list sorting
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2018 04:30 PM

Yes I saw it now. After a couple of more clicks.

Also noticed that the list does not seem to sort in any order by any field. I recall it was not like this before. Anyway, yes it is a defect.

• 7.  RE: Re: Incident list sorting

Posted Jun 14, 2019 08:12 AM
    Hi, I want to change the sort order Role - wise. Is it possible by any way.

Thanks in Advance,
    Avi