Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to access virtual service as WSDL

Posted Nov 22, 2018 03:05 PM

Hi team,

I have created SOAP virtual service and deployed it. I want to access the virtual service as wsdl like real service.

Is it possible to access the Virtual Service as WSDL. If yes, what is the process.

Thank you.

Rajasekhar

• 2.  Re: How to access virtual service as WSDL
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2018 12:20 AM

If I understand the requirement correctly: you have deployed a SOAP virtual service, if some client sends a request for retrieving the wsdl information then you want to send that back.

In that case the SOAP virtual service will receive an HTTP request as follows: GET /<myUrl>?wsdl

A simple, pragmatic way to implement this is to add a transaction similar to the above in your vsi. You can see exactly in the inspection view of your virtual service what the signature of the incoming wsdl-request is. Add that signature to your vsi and put the wsdl info in the response.

Incoming request will be transformed by the HTTP Listen step into a request object as follows:

Operation      : GET /<myUrl>

Argument(1)   : wsdl

The SOAP DPH will find that the payload is NOT a SOAP:Envelope and will not transform the request object and hence the request will reach the Response Selection step with above signature

You only need to add a META response, no exact matches needed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Danny