DX NetOps

• 1.  IPSLA DATA NOT REPRESENTING ON CA PC

Posted Nov 26, 2018 03:05 PM

Dear Fellows,

I have recently deployed CA PC 3.5 and now i want to work on IPSLA Probes. IN my enviormnet there are 6-7 SLA Routers in multiples regions and Probes are already defined on them but after applying Monitoring profile of Response Path i am unable to get any data related to that probes.

Please guide me is there any configurations required for plotting IPSLA /RTTs Data on CA PC.

• 2.  Re: IPSLA DATA NOT REPRESENTING ON CA PC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 05:27 PM

Did the path elements get discovered, but you're seeing no data?

Or were the elements never discovered?

• 3.  Re: IPSLA DATA NOT REPRESENTING ON CA PC

Posted Nov 28, 2018 02:57 AM

Dear Michael,

Please find the screenshots of discovered components of that metric family and then the metrics selected for generating Trend report and then the report view. 

Its the view generated.

• 4.  Re: IPSLA DATA NOT REPRESENTING ON CA PC

Posted Nov 28, 2018 03:09 AM

I found this detail on CA Performance center guide please guide me is it required for this?

Configure Round Trip Time (RTT) Tests - CA Performance Management - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: IPSLA DATA NOT REPRESENTING ON CA PC

Posted Nov 28, 2018 11:47 AM

The guide reference you found allows the tests to be configured from the Data Aggregator if there is a write SNMP profile. This is likely not required since you show discovered components. 

I suggest the next step is to verify the tests are running. "show ip sla statistics" on the device CLI will show the tests' last operation time. "show ip sla configuration x" where x is a test number will show the test configuration parameters. An entry like "Life/Entry Ageout (seconds): Forever/never" indicates the test is running continuously.

Steve

• 6.  Re: IPSLA DATA NOT REPRESENTING ON CA PC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2018 06:28 PM

Might want to also enable poll logging for one of the problem tests to examine poll responses from the device.

How to collect logging for interface data issues i - CA Knowledge 

This may also have some useful things to check out in search of a cause.

Best practice for resolving CA Performance Center - CA Knowledge 

• 7.  Re: IPSLA DATA NOT REPRESENTING ON CA PC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2018 01:59 PM

Akash,

Is this resolved? Does the problem remain?

Thanks,

Michael

• 8.  Re: IPSLA DATA NOT REPRESENTING ON CA PC
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2018 06:09 AM

Hi Micheal,

I recently opened the case with CA Support data is available against some parameters/matrix on one router but displaying no data(invalid data) on other.

but routers have same model and same configurations.

i send the walk files to them and now waiting for update from their end.