DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CLW Command

Posted Nov 27, 2018 06:46 AM

Hi

We want to create CLW command to check the list of agents and on which server they are deployed 

can anyone help us out on this.Will appreciate the help

Thanks

• 2.  Re: CLW Command
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 07:15 AM

Hi,

I just launched a testing agent to report to my standalone EM:

- Agent name: Tomcat agent

- Host: JoseHost

- Below CLW command will list all agents connected to the EM, eg:

C:\APM\Introscope10.7.0.45\lib>java -jar CLWorkstation.jar list agents matching (.*)

- Output:
    Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Process (Virtual)|Custom Business Application Agent (Virtual) JoseHost|Tomcat|Tomcat Agent

Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Process (Virtual)|Custom Metric Agent (Virtual)

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Jose

• 3.  Re: CLW Command

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2018 09:33 AM

HI Imran,

Although I see Jose has provided the right answer, I suggest you start familiarizing with APMSQLServer and moving from our legacy extract tools:

-Persistent Collection

-Flat files

-IntroscopeJDBC

-CLWorkstation

- Webservices.

We introduced APMSQLServer back in 10.5.0 and it is the optimized mechanism to extract data from SmartStor database, 

The mail goal of APMSQLServer is to resolve 2 main problems:
    - Extract data from EM was limited
    - Some of the above tools read all records in memory and then deliver it to you which could be catastrophic for the EM.

We keep improving APMSQLServer, in addition to integrate with Squirrel, Excel, CA products, it now support Grafana, for more information see: https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-7/en/integrating/apmsql-cookbook

Finally, in 10.7SP1, we introduced APMSQLServer REST API a better way extract raw metric data and integrate it with your custom tools

Attached an example how to extract agents using this latest REST API, 

SQL REST API - An example.docx 

For more information see 

SQL REST API - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I hope this helps,
    Sergio