Clarity

• 1.  Project Manager change in new UX - access right issue

Posted Nov 27, 2018 05:04 AM

Dear Community Members,

have you ever tried to change the Project Manager in a project using a New UX? It does not transfer all the necessary rights to the new manager, does it? Isn't it a bug?

When a new project is created, the creator becomes the manager automatically. At the same time he/she get some rights (of a Resource type):

Project - Financial Plan - Submit for Approval

Project - Edit All - Project Status

Project - Budget Plan - Edit

Project - Benefit Plan - Edit

Project - Edit Management

Project - Manager (Auto)

Project - Cost Plan - Edit

Project - Risk, Issue, Change Request - Create/Edit

Project - Edit

Project - Create - Project Status

Later, when we change the Manager (through DETAILS page), only the Project - Manager (Auto) gets re-assigned to the new manager. All other rights stay with the old manager.

Can you confirm that? Isn't it a bug?

Regards,

Pawel

• 2.  Re: Project Manager change in new UX - access right issue

Posted Nov 27, 2018 05:14 AM

I believe that the only right a named project manager gets is the "Project - Manager (Auto)" right - not sure how (in your system) you would get all the other rights (via a process perhaps?).

• 3.  Re: Project Manager change in new UX - access right issue

Posted Nov 27, 2018 05:22 AM

Thanks David,

that was my first thought as well, but I checked the Initiated processes list and it's empty. So I came to a [false?] conclusion, that it's the New UX that is somehow giving those extra rights to the PM.

So what else can it be? Databse trigger maybe?

• 4.  Re: Project Manager change in new UX - access right issue

Posted Nov 27, 2018 05:27 AM

Well if it was a DB trigger you would expect that to be triggered both in legacy UI and new UI - what happens in the legacy-UI when you change project managers?

I think you need to understand how those rights are being granted in your system before assuming its a problem with the new UI (it might be the new UI, or a consequence of the new UI that you have not considered - obviously I am GUESSING here)

• 5.  Re: Project Manager change in new UX - access right issue

Posted Nov 27, 2018 05:33 AM

David,

you're right! I've put the blame on the New UX prematurely. The same set of rights is granted even if the project is created in the classic UX.

Now, I need to find out what is responsible for giving those rights...

Thanks for helping, Dave!

• 6.  Re: Project Manager change in new UX - access right issue

Posted Nov 27, 2018 05:39 AM

And more interestingly, do the rights get transferred when you change the 'project manager' in the classic-UX?