Clarity

• 1.  JasperSoft 7.1

Posted Nov 29, 2018 01:00 AM

This was rolled out to SaaS environments last night for at least Australia in non-production environments.

This requires a minor change in the JasperSoft Server Access Configuration.  Previous connections required the 'Use SOAP protocol only' to be ticked.  For JapserSoft 7.1 server, this has to be 'UNTICKED'.

I was successful at using JasperSoft 7.1 Developer to migrate from DEV to PROD (PROD still using JasperSoft 6.4), but as it unknown when PROD will be upgraded, suggest that you may want to take a copy of the PROD custom reports prior to any report migration, and allow extra time to migrate reports.  For example, using JasperSoft 7.1 Developer, I need to change the file type from *.jrxml to be *.* every time as for some reason now, files are no longer be stored with extension of jrxml.

Please post items observed, so we can all learn about the differences in JasperSoft 7.1.

• 2.  Re: JasperSoft 7.1

Posted Apr 05, 2019 03:02 AM

I had been experiencing significant performance issues, as well, as consuming a lot of mobile data when using JasperSoft Studio, which have now been resolved.

The summary of settings suggested in JasperSoft Studio are:

1) Enable "Disable Expressions evaluation" checkbox and it will significantly improve opening up report with Jasper Studio 7.1. (This new security preference is not in Jasper Studio 6.2.)

Navigate to Jasper Studio 7.1 menu bar->window->Preferences->Jaspersoft Studio->Global Settings->Jasper Studio->Disable Expressions evaluation

2) For other performance concerns: The default ram allocation in Jasper Studio 7.2 may be small. To increase ram allocation, edit "Jaspersoft Studio Professional.ini" and try to up the ram allocation like as below.
    -Xms2048m
    -Xmx4096m

Reference: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/ppm-very-slow-for-opening-up-reports-using-jasper-studio-7-1/kb000125070

3) Turn off Automatically find new updates and notify me.  
    Install/Update - Automatic Updates
    Turn of Check for updates on startup - Jaspersoft Studio

My personal view to disable these.

If you are experiencing performance issues using JasperSoft Studio, in particular to Open or Publish reports, please consider the above settings.

Thank you to Jeet from CA Support for assistance on this one.