Clarity

• 1.  Bulk reset of user passwords in 15.X

Posted Nov 28, 2018 01:35 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to reset (or set to a specified value) the passwords for a large group of user who were recently added to the system? We are currently using a 15.4 O/D environment.

In the past I've heard of others directly updating the PWD field in the cmn_sec_users table but it's my current understanding that, that method no longer works.

Thanks!

Marlon

• 2.  Re: Bulk reset of user passwords in 15.X

Posted Nov 29, 2018 01:24 AM

I think it is still working, you can try by updating it on Dev environment.

update cmn_sec_users set pwd=’b42405b42403565336335386139cc8fe9519929455f7d9d968a8e093eda’,
         salt=’ [B@8e1dfb1’ where user_name IN (list_of_users)
    Copy pwd and salt from admin username.
    Let me know if it works for you.
    /Shubham

• 3.  Re: Bulk reset of user passwords in 15.X

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2018 10:59 AM

Hi marlon.mckenzie.1

In addition to replying back to Shubham.Bhatia, since you are a lucky CA PPM 15.4 SaaS customer-administrator, you might also want to check out the CA On Demand Portal Administration documentation. Specifically, in this case, see new_user_default_password and forcePasswordReset in Bulk User Management.

We also have documented here a procedure you might prefer:

Force All Users to Reset Their Passwords

You can prompt all users to reset their passwords the next time they log in. For example, as part of a security policy change, you increase the password character length from six to eight characters. After the change, you can force all users to change their passwords to meet the new requirement.

Follow these steps:

1. Click Administration, General Settings, System Options.
    2. In the Change Password Options section, click Force Password Change.
    3. Save your changes.

If using SSO, see the CA Single Sign-On 12.52 SP1 Documentation.

Kind Regards,

Damon