CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM Attach URL forcing re-login

Posted Nov 29, 2018 06:03 PM

I am using PAM to create a URL link from on Record Type to another because there is no parent/child relationship between the 2 objects.

I am using https://SERVERADDRESS/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=SHOW_DETAIL+FACTORY=cr+PERSID=cr:417269

What is happening is that when I click on the link it logs me out.  I don't want the user to have to re-login since they are already logged in.  Is there an additional parameter I have to add to the URL to force SDM to use the current credentials or should we open a ticket.

• 2.  Re: SDM Attach URL forcing re-login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2018 07:12 PM

Paul,

If https://SERVERADDRESS/CAisd/pdmweb.exe   was configured for single sign on (Windows Authentication or some other form of SSO), then it should not prompt for a re-login.

If not,  each such URL access is intercepted separately for authentication by our architecture and so the re-login.

Which SDM release is this?

Are you using use_encrypted_sid_and_cookie  option installed?

_R

• 3.  Re: SDM Attach URL forcing re-login

Posted Nov 30, 2018 09:41 AM

• 4.  Re: SDM Attach URL forcing re-login

Posted Nov 30, 2018 10:56 AM

Hi
    I don't understand, how this question is related to PAM.
    Anyway, if this link is clicked from within the SDM Gui, you need to add the SID  and FID parameters, to be able to reuse the current session.
    Regards
    ....Michael

• 5.  Re: SDM Attach URL forcing re-login

Posted Nov 30, 2018 03:50 PM

The only reason PAM is involved is because PAM is creating a Request associated with any of the CR Types or CHG.  SDM doesn't allow for a Request to be linked with a Problem or an Incident so PAM is creating a URL with the AttachURL SOAP Call.  How do I create the URL so it is dynamic to use the users current SID/FID.

• 6.  Re: SDM Attach URL forcing re-login

Posted Nov 30, 2018 05:31 PM

Ok, I think I now understand better.Thanks.
    I don't think that there is a way to create an all purpose link as an Url Attachment, which will work for all users and any sessions without relogin.

Nevertheless, I can imagine a small customization of the attachment list form, to enrich the generated url link by necessary  parameters,  so that a relogin will not happen.

I'll take a look at this again next week and let you know my findings.

Regards
    .....Michael

• 7.  Re: SDM Attach URL forcing re-login
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 03, 2018 04:42 AM

Hi.

Finally I did the following.

Imagine your PAM process still creates a link as mentioned above.

I changed list_attmnt_sd.htmpl so that it will add appropriate link parameters to the actual link URL when displayed in the attachment list tab.

The logic will add SID, FID and KEEP.POPUP_NAME to the URL.

Even though this works at least in a read only view of a cr ticket in my environment, you might reconsider to enhance the SDM data structure, so that it supports the relationships you are looking for.

This is what I have done:

• copy $NX_ROOT/bopcfg/www/htmpl/web/analyst/list_attmnt_sd.htmpl to $NX_ROOT/site/mods/www/htmpl/web/analyst.
    • edited the copied file and substituted the line
    <PDM_MACRO name=lsWrite text="attListData['@{list.persistent_id}'].orig_file_name = '<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=C>@{list.orig_file_name}</PDM_FMT>';">

by

<PDM_MACRO name=lsWrite text="attListData['@{list.persistent_id}'].orig_file_name = '<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=C>@{list.orig_file_name}</PDM_FMT>'.replace('pdmweb.exe\\?', 'pdmweb.exe?SID='+cfgSID+'+FID='+fid_generator()+'+KEEP.POPUP_NAME=attmnt_link+');">
    • pdm_webcache

Hope this helps

Regards

........Michael

• 8.  Re: SDM Attach URL forcing re-login

Posted Dec 03, 2018 03:01 PM

Thanks Michael, I had updated the file as suggested and my issue is resolved.  Thanks all for your input.

Gurinder