AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Changing the autosys database password

Posted Nov 29, 2018 04:47 PM

Looking at the man page for autosys_secure I see the following blurb...

Running autosys_secure

Before using autosys_secure to change the database password or the remote authentication method, you must shut down all processes that access the database (for example, schedulers,
    GUIs, and agents) and ensure that no jobs are running.

Am I reading this right?   In order to change the database password I have to shutdown the scheduler and all 800 agents?   No wonder we haven't done this in so long.   Is this correct?   Can anyone confirm?

• 2.  Re: Changing the autosys database password

Posted Nov 29, 2018 05:05 PM

The agents no longer login to the DB. so I don’t think you need to do that anymore. Just stop scheduler and application server and webserver.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 3.  Re: Changing the autosys database password

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2018 05:30 PM

Hi,

I just happened to run this two days ago.  If you are using autosys_secure, you'll need the application server up, but you'll get an error message if the scheduler is running.  I did not need to shut down the web server.

Regards,

Mike

• 4.  Re: Changing the autosys database password

Posted Nov 29, 2018 05:35 PM

so I don't need to shutdown the agents?    whew...

You guys should update that man page.

• 5.  Re: Changing the autosys database password

Posted Nov 29, 2018 06:23 PM

Did the same with an added twist - the database also had to be split. Did not have to shut down the agents.

Good Luck my Nike buddy from CA days!

Chris <CJ>