CA Service Management

• 1.  not able to login CMC, in SIA throws error failed to decrypt object 100....

Posted Dec 04, 2018 02:49 AM

Hi All,

We have installed CABI 4.1 on our test environment. It was running fine previously. Because of some memory issue, we have deleted BO CMS logs, post deleting we are not able to login CMC link, throwing error as below:

When I go to SIA on server, in properties in configuration tab error is 

Can anybody please help on this?

• 2.  Re: not able to login CMC, in SIA throws error failed to decrypt object 100....

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 09:41 AM

The first error suggests that the CMS was stopped due to a critical error (possibly due to its' logs disappearing out from under it) and it may not currently be running properly. Have you tried stopping and starting the services to see if this resolves the problem?

• 3.  Re: not able to login CMC, in SIA throws error failed to decrypt object 100....

Posted Dec 05, 2018 03:00 AM

stopping and starting SIA service? if it is, yes I have stopped and started SIA , but no luck.

• 4.  Re: not able to login CMC, in SIA throws error failed to decrypt object 100....

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2018 10:12 AM

tims.registration ..........

Please take a backup of the CABI server and CMS database and follow the below steps to reset the CABI Cluster Key:

Before resetting the cluster key make sure that all servers managed by the Server Intelligence Agent are stopped.

1. Launch the CCM (Central Configuration Manager)
    2. In the CCM, right-click the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) and choose Stop.
    Caution: Do not proceed to Step 3 until the SIA status is marked as "Stopped".
    3. Right-click the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) and choose Properties. The "Properties" dialog box opens.
    4. Click the Configuration tab.
    5. Click Change next to "CMS Cluster Key Configuration". A warning message is displayed.
    6. Click Yes to continue. The "Change Cluster Key" dialog box opens.
    7. Enter the same eight-character key in both the "New Cluster Key" and "Confirm New Cluster Key" fields.

Note: On Windows platforms, cluster keys must contain a combination of upper and lower case characters. Alternately, users can also generate a random key. A random key is required in order to be FIPS-compliant.

8. Click OK to submit the new cluster key to the system. A message is displayed confirming that the cluster key has been reset successfully.
    9. Restart the SIA.

• 5.  Re: not able to login CMC, in SIA throws error failed to decrypt object 100....

Posted Dec 06, 2018 02:40 AM

Hi Paul,

I have followed same steps given by you, when i copy the same cluster key and paste it in change option of "CMS Cluster Key Configuration", it fails to change throwing same cryptographic error as above. I have also tried with generating new cluster key, then in this case it gets successfully changed but it is showing as "CMS belongs to cluster 'my Prod Server:port' ", . It should belongs to my test server rather that pointing production server.

Please suggest,

Regards, 

Sushma

• 6.  Re: not able to login CMC, in SIA throws error failed to decrypt object 100....

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2018 01:35 PM

tims.registration ..........

Did you use an unique cluster key that is different than the PROD cluster key?

Also, was this CABI environment working properly before deleting the logs?

There is no reason why deleting the logs would result on the corruption of the SIA.