AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

• 1.  MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Dec 04, 2018 02:05 AM

Why Job keep geving agent Scan failed eben some time jobs also drop from monitor state.

• 2.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 06:04 AM

Hi,

Please check this article and see if it applies to your environment:

File Triggering Jobs Within a UNIX Fails With a US - CA Knowledge 

• 3.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Dec 04, 2018 09:10 PM

Thanks Leo.

Actually I was refering to windows agent jobs only 11.3 release.

• 4.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2018 05:13 AM

Is the agent service being started with some specific user account? If yes, it has the enough permissions in the file system?

• 5.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 08, 2019 11:04 AM

No its using system account only

• 6.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Dec 05, 2018 08:28 AM

Hi, 

Just some information here. 

"Scan failed" means that the agent can't get to the path to start looking for the file. This is not that the file doesn't exist. The path does not exist or can't be accessed. 

There can be several causes:

Usually someone has made a typo. The path is spelled incorrectly. 

On a UNIX box it is case sensitive so it is important to get the case correct also. 

Then the possibilities get more complex.....

1)  If it happens intermittently sometimes the path becomes unavailable for short periods. Let us know if this is the problem. 

2)  Is the path local on the server or is it something like a NAS share?  Something like 

\\sharename\xyz\filename

If the file is local and the the agent is running as local system account the agent will be able to get to it. (as long as it is spelled correctly)

3) If the file is remote and the agent is running as local system account the agent will NOT be able to get to it. Localsystem account does not have acccess to anything outside the server.  In this case the agent will need to be started as a userid that has access. 

Let me know if the file is local and whether you are able to cut and paste the path onto the server and get to the correct directory. 

If the file is remote then let me know if you have questions. 

• 7.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 08, 2019 11:03 AM

Path is correct and its for windows only.

Also we can cut paste it to explorer to see result.

• 8.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 08, 2019 11:09 AM

Most of the time when we've seen this, it is due to some kind of permissions issue. While I cannot give you specifics on what to look for or what they should be, in the majority of cases, this has fixed the issue where the path is correct and the agent servers is running correctly.

<JC>

• 9.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 09, 2019 11:05 AM

Thanks, but i am not sure it will be a access issue since it went back to monitor state just after the resubmition of job and get monitor till fille came.

• 10.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 08, 2019 03:21 PM

Hi, 

Is the file local on the server or does it reside outside the server? 

• 11.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 09, 2019 11:06 AM

it was reside outside of the server mostly in dfs path or shared lcoations.

• 12.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 08, 2019 03:22 PM

Does the FILE_TRIGGER WOB get the "Scan Failed" as soon as it runs or after a period of time?

Is this a new implementation / has it ever worked?

I created a FILE_TRIGGER to look in a directory that does not exist, when it runs it goes to "Scan Failed".

The LStatus value can be found in the job output for my Workload Manger.

Check the transmitter.log  file in the log directory for the value of LStatus.

LStatus("The <dir name> does not exist or not a directory")

Does that provide any helpful information?
    What is the value of Lstatus?

• 13.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 09, 2019 11:09 AM

Thanks Rick,

Will see for L status if it fails this time and share result. however it was failing after some duration of time not just after the some time.

• 14.  Re: MAIN STATE FAILED Status("Scan Failed") LStatus SetEnd Cmpc(1) Plugin(filemon)

Posted Jan 09, 2019 11:25 AM

Hi, 

It does seem odd that it goes into "monitoring" 

Earlier in this chain you mentioned that "No its using system account only" . I am not sure if this means a userid defined locally or "Local System Account". If the service is being run as "Local System Account" it will not have access to a shared location. 

"Local System Account" has full access on the server but can't access anything outside the server.  Also, it is not possible to grant access to "Local System Account" to something outside the server. 

I would suggest opening a case and have someone look at the agent logs. They will be able to see