Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

We are working on Java GUI of the AWA with version 12 or higher running on automation engine 12 or higher. we would like to know what are the different courses available for different roles? More details below.

• 1.  We are working on Java GUI of the AWA with version 12 or higher running on automation engine 12 or higher. we would like to know what are the different courses available for different roles? More details below.

Posted Dec 05, 2018 01:26 AM

Roles mean a UC4 operator (who monitors activity), for someone like admin, for an architect, for a developer etc.

I would like to know what are the different courses available for the above mentioned roles and what will be the expertise of the person after completing the course. Let me know if you need any details over the same.

• 2.  Re: We are working on Java GUI of the AWA with version 12 or higher running on automation engine 12 or higher. we would like to know what are the different courses available for different roles? More details below.

Posted Dec 05, 2018 03:59 PM

Hi SaiPhani0345 

For the Automic Workload Automation learning paths... It can be found here:  Learning Paths | CA Automic Workload Automation  

The site have a full course descriptions pdf that will outline; who should attend, course agenda/topic that will be covered.

As there are two track, Admin & Designer - For the Admin I would recommend taking all the courses within the Admin tree. As for the Developer, to take all the courses in the Designer tree.  Though, for the scripting courses (or at least the scripting foundation) I do recommend the admin have some knowledge of the product scripting language as it would make troubleshooting easier when things goes wrong with jobs etc..

Or if any individual would like to get certify fully with the product there is an options (see the certification tree), it will require the user to be fully knowledgeable of the product.

Additionally this link here, you can search for courses that are offer in a bundle or individually.

• 3.  Re: We are working on Java GUI of the AWA with version 12 or higher running on automation engine 12 or higher. we would like to know what are the different courses available for different roles? More details below.

Posted Dec 05, 2018 04:09 PM

Also, if I recall correctly the JAVA UI only offically support up to version 11.2.X  I am not sure what version of 12.X.X you are on, but I would recommend to utilize the AWI where you are able too. 

Additionally for the operator, for them I think the CA Automic One Automation Foundation + the CA Automic Web Interface course would be helpful for the operator as it give a general overview of the product and goes through the interface/navigation and basic object and operational concept for the product.

• 4.  Re: We are working on Java GUI of the AWA with version 12 or higher running on automation engine 12 or higher. we would like to know what are the different courses available for different roles? More details below.

Posted Dec 06, 2018 04:33 AM

Hi short add: Java UI is officially supported up to V12.0.

(and mostly works with 12.1)

:-P

And another hint:

It would be no disadvantage if you developers attend an admin course too because its sometimes veryhelpful to know about AE architecture and how it works when designing jobs and workflows and prevents them from global design errors

cheers, Wolfgang

• 5.  Re: We are working on Java GUI of the AWA with version 12 or higher running on automation engine 12 or higher. we would like to know what are the different courses available for different roles? More details below.

Posted Dec 06, 2018 06:44 AM

Thanks for the correction Wolfgang.  Yes, look like there is a downloadable version of the Java UI for version 12.0.X, thought v12 onward all new features will be accessible via the AWI.

This is the message that is showing on the download center when trying to download the Java UI.