Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Privilidge error running AE jobs

Posted Dec 05, 2018 12:10 PM

I'm having an issue running jobs on a new Automic Agent installation on a 2012 windows server. I've installed the software using the run as administrator option and the agent is linked and running. However, when I try to run a job, I get the message  Error Code 1314 a required privilege is not held by the client.  I've checked the requirements that the user needs such as logon as batch job etc etc and the user has all the privileges. Just wondering if anyone knows if the batch user needs read/write access to the C:\Windows folder to run jobs ?

• 2.  Re: Privilidge error running AE jobs

Posted Dec 05, 2018 02:01 PM

Hi

if you have a look at the agent log it shows chick privilege is missing:

20181205/195506.129 - U02001040 Error in function 'CreateProcessAsUser', error code '1314', error description: 'Dem Client fehlt ein erforderliches Recht.'. (sry for the german message, its a german OS)

If you do not read or write from C:\Windows then it needs no access rights.

The builtin admin account is sometimes a bit tricky to configure correctly, I usually use a local user with correct privilegues.

Another hint is UAC - turn it off for testing purposes.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Privilidge error running AE jobs

Posted Dec 31, 2018 11:07 PM

Hi CraigSweeney611038 

Were you able get the issues resolved with Wolfgang suggestion?  Normally for myself in the past I get those is when I am missing one of the require permission set (or oddly other times, that user - I had to just completely sign out and back in for those permission to take effect).