Layer7 API Management

• 1.  API Gateway JDBC conn to Oracle DB with Oracle Advanced Security

Posted Dec 05, 2018 02:42 PM

Hi,

We have API Gateway 9.1 version. Is there a way to configure JDBC connections to Oracle database with Oracle Advanced Security enabled ? So far I was able to configure only the plain JDBC connection with username / password but struggling when Oracle Advance Security is enabled. I have added the below properties but still not working -

CONNECTION_PROPERTY_THIN_NET_ENCRYPTION_LEVEL=REQUIRED

CONNECTION_PROPERTY_THIN_NET_ENCRYPTION_TYPES=AES256,AES192,AES128

CONNECTION_PROPERTY_THIN_NET_CHECKSUM_LEVEL=REQUIRED

CONNECTION_PROPERTY_THIN_NET_CHECKSUM_TYPES=SHA256,SHA512,SHA1,MD5

I was just wondering if anyone was able to configure this successfully.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: API Gateway JDBC conn to Oracle DB with Oracle Advanced Security
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2018 05:38 PM

Good afternoon,

From reviewing the information it would appear that version of Gateway is using DataDirect driver version 5.0.1 which did not include support for Oracle Advanced Security. Version 9.2 and higher has the driver that could support it but Advanced Security has not been tested with the Gateway. Have you attempted to use the Oracle Thin Driver on the Gateway to see if it will work? The file that would be needed is classes12.jar or ojdbc14.jar which can be uploaded using the instructions here: Install the JDBC Interface - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support

• 3.  Re: API Gateway JDBC conn to Oracle DB with Oracle Advanced Security

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 24, 2018 09:41 AM

Hi

Did the answers on this thread answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards
    Dirk

• 4.  Re: API Gateway JDBC conn to Oracle DB with Oracle Advanced Security

Posted Jan 14, 2019 01:37 AM

I have installed the ojdbc jar and installed the jdbc interface. When I configured the encryption and crypto parameters in the Advanced properties, it worked.

JDBC URL : jdbc:oracle:thin:@//host:port/serviceName

Thank you !!