AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Logging of Failed Jobs in Database

Posted Dec 06, 2018 08:24 AM

Just wanted to see what people here think about this. When a DE job fails it is logged in the database with a state of 'FAILED' but as soon as that job is force completed, it gets updated to 'COMPLETE' with a condition of 'FORCED'. That is great I believe for the most part but how are you to have an accurate count of failed jobs this way?

I'm just looking for a truly accurate way to get the failed jobs. You can't just run a query and pull back a state of FAILED because that will not account for times when it failed but then was force completed. If the job fails then is resubmitted, there is a separate record for that. Should not be a separate record for the force complete as well so you have a more accurate count of the failed jobs?

• 2.  Re: Logging of Failed Jobs in Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2018 09:46 AM

What if you run the query to find the failed jobs, plus a query to find the force completed jobs and sum the results?

You can find the query to find the force completed jobs here: 

To find "FORCED COMPLETE" jobs among all COMPLETED - CA Knowledge 

However, there is a limitation, as per article, regarding to the purgecompletedjobs activity.

• 3.  Re: Logging of Failed Jobs in Database

Posted Dec 06, 2018 10:13 AM

Thanks for the suggestion but I am looking for 100% accuracy here and just don't see that being done here. If a job fails but then is resubmitted and force completed while it is running then the job will show on the report. Is there a reason why it should not be logged in the db as the way it is when it fails then is resubmitted (a record for the failure then a separate record for the force complete)

• 4.  Re: Logging of Failed Jobs in Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2018 10:53 AM

In that's way, i would suggest you to create an enhancement idea for this...

• 5.  Re: Logging of Failed Jobs in Database

Posted Dec 06, 2018 12:45 PM

I have created idea "Enhancement to how Database Logs Failures" link below.

I honestly was surprised to find that the product works this way and does not provide an accurate representation of the failed jobs. I hope this can be fixed in future releases.

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235741342-enhancement-to-how-database-logs-failures