Endevor

• 1.  What is the best practice for Deploy for test?

Posted Dec 06, 2018 05:48 PM

I am setting up deploy for test sandboxes. I have environment DEVELOP with Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 1 will be compiled with debug on. Then move with generate process to stage 2 with debug off. Can I set up deploy for test sandboxes for each stage? For example, from stage 1, deploy for test sandboxes TESTMFD and TESTMFA. From stage 2, deploy for test sandboxes TESTMFD, TESTMFA and TESTMFB.

• 2.  Re: What is the best practice for Deploy for test?

Posted Dec 17, 2018 12:19 PM

Hello  SueVolkmann.  

With a little tweaking to the Deploy to Test process, you could deploy for test targets TESTMFD and TESTMFA from stage 1, and deploy for test targets TESTMFD, TESTMFA and TESTMFB from stage 2.

• 3.  Re: What is the best practice for Deploy for test?

Posted Dec 17, 2018 02:38 PM

Hi Dan,

So what kind of tweaking? Can you give me some details on how i would tweek that? 

Also, when moving from stage 1 to stage 2 with a generate with debug off, how will that clean up the deploy for test locations from stage 1? 

Please give me details for these questions.

Thanks,

Sue

• 4.  Re: What is the best practice for Deploy for test?

Posted Dec 19, 2018 01:27 PM

Hello again SueVolkmann.  On your two questions:

Example for specifying D2T targets for two stages of a single Environment : 

In your CSIQCLS0 library you will find a member named ENXDEPLY. You will need to make a copy of it and make some changes, and have the changed version run instead of the one currently in your CSIQCLS0 library.

Within ENXDEPLY is a called routine named  Get_Subsystem_List that contains about 100 lines of REXX code to determine the D2T targets.  If the environment you are describing is named ‘TEST’ and the stage ids are ‘1’ and ‘2’, your version of the Get_Subsystem_List routine could look something like this:

Get_Subsystem_List:

SBSLIST = ‘’

If Environment = 'TEST' & Stage = '1' then,

SBSLIST = '01'x||'TESTMFD '||'01'x||'TESTMFA '

If Environment = 'TEST' & Stage = '2' then,

SBSLIST = '01'x||'TESTMFD '||'01'x||'TESTMFA '||'01'x||'TESTMFB ' 

if SBSLIST = "" then do /* If we didn't find any valid subsystems */
           ADDRESS ISPEXEC "SETMSG MSG(ENXM016E)" /* No Valid Targets */
           ADDRESS ISPEXEC "TBEND" PickLstTable /* done with table */
            Exit /* and return to user */
    end
    Sa= "End building Subsystem List" SBSLIST

Return

Automated Cleanup of D2T action: 

The example processor code in your CSIQOPTN(ENXDCOMP) member is able to automatically cleanup the D2T actions performed for an element. It you copy (or Include) it  into your Delete processor, then its steps determine which elements in the sending stage were targets for the element, and it causes them to be deleted. 

• 5.  Re: What is the best practice for Deploy for test?

Posted Jan 24, 2019 12:39 PM

Good morning Dan,

In reference to my previous deploy for test in stage 1 and stage 2. Do I need to create the TESTMFD, TESTMFA, and TESTMFB D4T with type of SANDBTRG in stage 2 also? If so, how do I do that in quickedit. I can't specify the stage number of 2. Do i need to do that in native endevor?

Thanks in advance,

Sue

• 6.  Re: What is the best practice for Deploy for test?

Posted Jan 26, 2019 07:23 AM

Hello Sue.

The SANDBTRG element type is one method for preparing targets. There are others. Send me a note and we can work through it. You can reach me at Joseph.Walther@Broadcom.com .