DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Does NFA support IPFIX for Aruba on 8.x code

Posted Dec 07, 2018 01:55 PM

We are trying to collect IPFIX from Aruba 7010 controllers running 8.2.1.1 code.  We are currently on NFA 9.3.3 (Build 50).  We received flow but NFA is not identifying it.  Is IPFIX supported?

• 2.  Re: Does NFA support IPFIX for Aruba on 8.x code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2018 02:11 PM

Hi Gus,

This was originally posted in the CA Performance Management community.

I've moved it over to the CA Infrastructure Management community where the NFA community is located to ensure you get a solid response.

Thanks,

Michael

• 3.  Re: Does NFA support IPFIX for Aruba on 8.x code
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2018 02:23 PM

I think someone just opened a case for this and I took a look at the pcap.

The pcap is showing the following fields:

SrcAddress
    DstAddress
    SrcPort
    DstPort
    Protocol
    Packets
    Octets

However it does not have inputint(input_snmp) or outputint(output_snmp) which currently are required to map data to input interfaces and output interfaces which is why NFA will drop the flows. 

You can see if the flow data has the required fields by following this document: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/How-can-I-determine-if-a-NetFlow-enabled-device-is-sending-the-correct-fields-and-data-using-WireShark/KB000011095

This is similar to Cisco WLC devices which also are missing those fields and we currently do not support yet, and there have been several Ideas open in the communities for this. 

I have made Product Management aware of this and I am hopeful support for these types of devices can be added in the future.