Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How fast copy AWA client from 12.1 to 12.2

Posted Dec 09, 2018 08:13 AM

Hello.

What is the best way to copy whole Client 0 and one more client with data from 12.1 with sql database to 12.2 that have it own separate sql database. When I try Export/Import the jobs are not linked or have problem with data or login. AE DB client copy can only copy inside same database if information I found are correct.

Thanks for any help

Szymon

• 2.  Re: How fast copy AWA client from 12.1 to 12.2

Posted Dec 09, 2018 03:43 PM

Hi

as far as I know you can't copy Clt 0 from one Automic System to another.

You have following possibilities:

* Copy the whole DB with means of MS SQL Server and upgrade it to 12.2, afterwards, delete unwanted clients with DB Client Copy.

* Perform a DB Client Copy from one system to another (thats possible - but AE Version must be the same) and upgrade to V12.2

* do an DB Unload of all objects anr load it into the target systen (can be 12.2) but all users and logins must be updatet as the get reset during export.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: How fast copy AWA client from 12.1 to 12.2

Posted Dec 12, 2018 04:31 AM

Hello Wolfgang.

Thanks for Your answer.

Two first parts not works but I will try again when I have some more time.

The part with unload/load option works but after load there was lots of errors. Probably becouse 12.1 and 12.2 have different database build.

I look closely at the data and found that they were from very old UC4 version. Solution was export folders but with check files to files connections. Then import them not from top to bottom but start from folder that have certain data and folders that use this data. It took some time to create dependency list but at the end client is copied 1:1 to AWA 12.2.

Cheers, Szymon  

• 4.  Re: How fast copy AWA client from 12.1 to 12.2

Posted Dec 13, 2018 03:09 AM

Hi

for the first both attempt source and target version of Automic AE must be the same (12.1) !!

cheers, Wolfgang

• 5.  Re: How fast copy AWA client from 12.1 to 12.2

Posted Dec 13, 2018 03:20 AM

Hi

They both was 12.1. Main 12.1.2 and the second one was 12.1.3. I think that I know where was the problem but now I have to finnish setting up 12.2.0. I will back to topic at nearest weekend and give info at monday.

Cheers, Szymon   

• 6.  Re: How fast copy AWA client from 12.1 to 12.2

Posted Jan 02, 2019 07:15 AM

Hello.

ClientDB Copy cannot copy DB from 12.1.0 or 12.1.2 to 12.1.3 becouse DB is different becouse of Analytics component. Problem case solved using export/import witch list of folder/files dependencies.

Cheers, Szymon