AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Need Some Help with DB Agent Plugin

Posted Dec 10, 2018 04:14 PM

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get a SQL server agent plugin to work, had no problems with Oracle. The db.default.url and jdbc driver string is as noted below with other information. I have installed the 11.3.06 agent plugin which is noted as supporting SQL Server 2016. I have added the "useNTLMv2=TRUE" parm because it should support Windows authentication but it seems that no matter what i do i continue to always get the error below. Does anyone have any pointers here? The "jtds-1.2.6.jar" file is in the agent_directory/jars/ext directory

Host: WCNC16F5SDBD01

Port: 51433
    Database: DETRD01

db.default.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://WCNC16F5SDBD01:51433/DETRD01;domain=nam;useNTLMv2=TRUE

jdbc.drivers=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.jtds-1.2.6.jar:sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Error message: 
    java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://WCNC16F5SDBD01:51433/DETRD01;domain=nam;useNTLMv2=TRUE

• 2.  Re: Need Some Help with DB Agent Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2018 12:07 AM

Please use the driver class name 'net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver' in the jdbc.drivers property in agentparm.txt, and restart the agent. That is, replace

jdbc.drivers=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.jtds-1.2.6.jar:sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

with

jdbc.drivers=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver:sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: Need Some Help with DB Agent Plugin

Posted Dec 11, 2018 06:59 AM

Wow, thanks so much Segun, this worked. Such a simple change, I am still learning these db agent plugins and know you have to replace the driver version with the Oracle plugin. I must have tried everything but what you mentioned

Thanks again.