Rally Software

• 1.  Agile Central Excel 2016 Add-in Login Issue

Posted Dec 10, 2018 04:32 PM

Hello, I have gone through the steps to setup the beta plugin utilizing Excel 2016, when clicking on the Login button nothing happens, no pop up or redirect. I can access the URL (React App) through a web browser without issue so I know that the site isn't blocked by the company firewall/proxy. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in Excel to allow the login page to pop-up? 

Thank you in advance.

-Chris

• 2.  Re: Agile Central Excel 2016 Add-in Login Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2018 10:33 AM

Hi Chris,

I don't think we have seen anything like that reported before. We probably be best off working this via a support case and troubleshooting together.

Will you be able to open a support case for this?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Agile Central Excel 2016 Add-in Login Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2018 03:43 PM

Hey Chris, I see that you have 2 ID's, one is Rally Authentication, the other is Rally or SSO and that one has IP restrictions in place.  So please make sure that you can login through your browser first to make sure that you are in the IP range, then try the plugin.

• 4.  Re: Agile Central Excel 2016 Add-in Login Issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2018 04:45 PM

Hi Chris;

This may depend on your operating system.  In at least one case I discovered the customer placed the manifest.xml file in the wrong directory or in the wrong directory tree.  It would be best to open a support ticket so it can be investigated thoroughly. 

• 5.  Re: Agile Central Excel 2016 Add-in Login Issue

Posted Dec 11, 2018 05:24 PM

Thanks for all of the quick reply's everyone. I will try using the xml in a different location as becro02 suggested.

I will open a ticket if this doesn't solve the issue.

• 6.  Re: Agile Central Excel 2016 Add-in Login Issue

Posted Jan 21, 2019 02:52 PM

Hi Chris and the CA Community / Support,

I am having this same issue and I wanted to follow-up to find out if there is / are resolutions for this. I followed the steps as outlined in the [https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/excel-2016-installation-user-guide] rally help file for 'Install on Windows (Excel 2016+)' but pressing the "Login" button that appears in the 'BETA - CA Agile Central Excel add-in' side panel once I select the add-in from 'My Add-Ins' does not appear to perform any action. I have also attached a video illustrating this.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.