Service Virtualization

• 1.  Doubt about a functionallity to debelop in SV

Posted Dec 11, 2018 10:41 AM

We have a requeriment in a project, we need read dataset in TDM (or data form a table) in, and from the content of ecah record from the dataset returned, using the content of the record, perming a call to a webservice in our client infrastructure. We are thinking to deploying an endpoint in VSE, and when a call is received in this endpoint, will get the set of records of the dataset from TDM, and will call a webservice from each record using the data of the record to complete the input parameters of the webservice target. Reviewing the documentation I think is possible develop this functionallity modeling a service in workstation, but I don't sure, ¿do you think is possible this functionallity in SV defining a service for composition or similar? ¿can you tell me possiblities develop this using devtest workstation?

• 2.  Re: Doubt about a functionallity to debelop in SV

Posted Dec 11, 2018 02:18 PM

I don't see the point of having VSE involved in this use case. If you're simply testing a Web service, then all you need is a test case (.tst) with a JDBC Dataset (it connects to any Database that supports JDBC driver) and a Web service Execution step that can send the records and payload to the Web service that you're testing.