Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

• 1.  Can't Create CDA Login with Comma (,) in Password ???

Posted Dec 13, 2018 04:49 AM

Hi,

When I try to Create a CDA Login Object with Password containing Comma (,) it gives Error message Comma not allowed in Password ???

Any Solutions / Workarounds ??? 

Kind regards,

Atif

• 2.  Re: Can't Create CDA Login with Comma (,) in Password ???
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 13, 2018 12:46 PM

Hi aatifnaeem 

As this was posted in the CA Automic Community space, though the post description is regarding the CDA - I have move this post to the CA Continuous Delivery Automation space to better reach the product users audience.

As the Product manual mentioned that commas are not allowed in the password for the login object.  My most obvious questions would be:  Are you able to change the password to not utilized commas? 

• 3.  Re: Can't Create CDA Login with Comma (,) in Password ???

Posted Dec 19, 2018 02:20 AM

Dear Luu Le, thks for reply

Unfortunately the Deployment Target Servers' Admin gave the user/password to us... and is Not in our hand!

I have been struggling with him to change password Not to include commas(,) ... but due to some reasons he's not able to do this for us.

So just checking if there could be any Workaround.

Kind regards,

Atif

• 4.  Re: Can't Create CDA Login with Comma (,) in Password ???

Posted Dec 19, 2018 11:46 AM

The only other thing I can think of is to us the Anonymous_job options for that particular agent where the job is to be run against.  Though the major draw back with that then being, any job run on that particular agent will the ignore/won't check the login credential...  

Using the Anonymous Job Setting 

Automic Manual - Anonymous_Job