Rally Software

• 1.  Reporting to Stephen!

Posted Dec 14, 2018 04:34 PM
      |   view attached

Have a team member who gets this pop-up error when trying to save his timesheet report in the custom report function.  I have no idea who Stephen is or why CA thinks this is a good design for an error message.  Please advise what we need to to do get this error to go away, as it repeatedly pops up after clicking "ok".

• 2.  Re: Reporting to Stephen!
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2018 04:46 PM

Hi Mitch,

That error doesn't look familiar to me.  I searched our source code and couldn't find any reference to it.  I also searched our case history and it doesn't look like anyone has reported this before.

I'm wondering if there is some browser plugin that is injecting javascript like Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey.

One way to quickly rule this out would be to open an Incognito window and see if it pops up in there too since most browser extensions aren't allowed to run in Incognito modes.

Beyond that, I think we'd like to probably get on a webex to do some additional analysis.

• 3.  Re: Reporting to Stephen!

Posted Dec 14, 2018 04:48 PM

That person who was having this problem left for the day, so I will check in with him on Monday as to what he might have installed on his browser. Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Reporting to Stephen!

Posted Dec 17, 2018 05:43 PM

Any update on this Mitch? We're all curious!

• 5.  Re: Reporting to Stephen!

Posted Dec 18, 2018 09:43 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been in meetings all day.
    I checked in with that team member and he gave me a screenshot of his installed browser extensions (see attached).  No Grease or Tamper monkeys. But does have "Rally Utilities".  I can't figure out from the Chrome extension page what they does and what it included, but it looks a bit sketchy to me.  I asked him to let me know if the error occurs again and if it does to turn off that Rally Utilities extension to see if the error then goes away.

• 6.  Re: Reporting to Stephen!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2018 12:06 PM

Hi Mitch,

I bet that's it.  I tracked down the plugin to this page: Rally Extension for Google Chrome 

And at the very bottom of that page:

• 7.  Re: Reporting to Stephen!

Posted Dec 18, 2018 12:35 PM

That has to be it!  Thanks for finding that.