Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is it possible to define or set CPU and memory usage of a Work Process

Posted Dec 17, 2018 02:02 AM

Hi Team,

Is there a way to minimize or set the CPU and memory usage limitation of a Work Process in Automation Engine?

Last week we had a issue that two of AE (WP)Work Process each consumes nearly 35 to 40% CPU and RAM usage of the server. Because of this none of the jobs are not moved and other user process from the server are kept idle.

No updates in WP logs as well. Later bounced whole Automation Engine now its seems to be fine. 

Thanks and Regards,

Pothiraj

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to define or set CPU and memory usage of a Work Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2018 03:22 AM

Hi Pothiraj,

unfortunately there is no setting to limit CPU or memory ressources for a single WP. Only for the Java processes you can use additional start parameters ("-X...").

The issue might have happened because of a memory leak. Which version of AE are you running?

regards,

Peter

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to define or set CPU and memory usage of a Work Process

Posted Dec 17, 2018 04:43 AM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently we are using 11.1.0+hf.1.build.1018.

Regards,

Pothiraj

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to define or set CPU and memory usage of a Work Process

Posted Dec 17, 2018 04:20 PM

We are on 11.2.1 and our WP's definitely have a memory leak problem.  I recycle them manually on a regular basis and one at a time so that I won't have to bounce the entire system or experience production failures.

There are multiple threads in this community forum about this memory leak problem.  I'm hoping that an upgrade to V12 next year will fix this problem.