DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

• 1.  In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Posted Dec 17, 2018 07:44 AM

In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

• 2.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2018 09:24 AM

Do you mean when an admin user logs in you see the interface, but when a non admin logs into NFA they do not see the interface?

If so, log in to the NFA Admin->Physical and Virtual page and see if there are interfaces named like "OLD" or if there are two or more interfaces with the same ifindex.  If so delete the OLD interfaces or delete the duplicate interfaces that are have an older last flow timestamp.

See the solution in the kb article below for a similar but related issue. 

NFA data not seen in CAPC, but is seen in NFA - CA Knowledge 

Also see this kb as well if that doesn't resolve it NFA data not seen in CAPC, but is seen in NFA - CA Knowledge 

• 3.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Posted Dec 17, 2018 12:23 PM

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your help. As you suggested I have found one interface with the Same If Index number (What I wanted both interface If Index number are same). Hence I have deleted the OLD / Unknown interface.Then I did NFA Full sync in CAPM under Data Sources. After some time the one which I have deleted came back with the same If Index. Now the same issue. Wanted Wan Interface is not reflecting in non admin login. Please suggest.

• 4.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2018 12:45 PM

Can you share a screenshot of what the Admin->Physical & Virtual interfaces page looks like for that device, so I can see all of the interfaces and the last data timestamps?

**Just make sure to block out the IP Address of the device as this is a public forum.**

• 5.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Posted Dec 17, 2018 01:31 PM

• 6.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Posted Dec 17, 2018 01:35 PM

Actually ge0/0 wanted to reflect instead of interface 1. I have deleted Interface 1 since it have same If Index no but it comes back after some time.

• 7.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2018 03:10 PM

Strange there are two interfaces with the same ifindex receiving data at the same time.

Can you try deleting both of them, then let it come back in?

• 8.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Posted Dec 20, 2018 10:06 AM

I have disabled both and deleted. After some time it comes back in the same Disabled state. Same Issue. I enabled only gi0/0 have 1 as Ifindex. Still its not reflecting in Local user console but its in Admin User Console. Please suggest Chris.

• 9.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 10:28 AM

Try deleting the full device from Admin->Enable interfaces so it cleans up all of its entries on the console and harvester and let it come back in.

• 10.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2018 11:09 AM

I have deleted full device and It auto discovered the device in few minutes. Now I am not seeing that Interface 1 in the Admin Console. But still I am waiting for the device to get reflect in Local user. It says"No Item Found". Hope it will reflect after some time. Do I want to do any Resync of NFA or DA via CAPM?.

• 11.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 11:34 AM

Do a full resync of the NFA data soruce, this way the old record of the router is deleted from CAPC.

• 12.  Re: In NFA, One particular interface is not showing in user console but its visible in Admin console. How to fix it?

Posted Dec 20, 2018 04:06 PM

Now I can see the Gig interface in the Local User GUI. I am able to pull the report. 

I didn't expected this much spontaneous help from you.

Thanks a lot for your help Chris. I will get back to you if I wanted anything further.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and to your family.