Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How to make status code=17 as acceptable code for only peoplesoft type jobs? 

Posted Dec 17, 2018 04:00 PM

Currently peoplesoft jobs ends with return code 0 for all status code = 9. But when status code =17 then job fails in Automic side. In Auytosys both status code return as 0. How will you handle this issue in Automic side?

• 2.  Re: How to make status code=17 as acceptable code for only peoplesoft type jobs? 

Posted Dec 17, 2018 05:28 PM

I do not have any peoplesoft experience.  But I wonder if this type of logic in your Post-Process might give you what you want?  (Changes RC=17 to RC=0)

:SET &MYRC# = GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL(,RETURN_CODE)
    :IF &MYRC# = 0
    !: PRINT "GOOD END OF JOB"
    :ENDIF
    :IF &MYRC# = 17
    : PRINT "RC=0017 CHANGED TO RC=0000"
    : MODIFY_STATE RETCODE=0
    :ENDIF

Another option might be to modify the RunTime tab to make Automic consider RC=17 to be acceptable, but if you do this, then it will also assume the return codes from 1 through 16 are acceptable as well.

• 3.  Re: How to make status code=17 as acceptable code for only peoplesoft type jobs? 

Posted Dec 17, 2018 05:34 PM

The benefit of the RunTime tab solution is then the actual return code of 17 will be part of the statistics data, instead of masked with a zero.  We have some solutions that do this to avoid the masking behavior.  But then we also had to add workflow task PostCondition rules to force an Automic failure when we get bad return codes that are less than the acceptable return code.  A real pain to set up... but it works.

• 4.  Re: How to make status code=17 as acceptable code for only peoplesoft type jobs? 

Posted Dec 17, 2018 06:43 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. Is there any universal setting can be done in client level or agent level setting for peoplesoft alone?

• 5.  Re: How to make status code=17 as acceptable code for only peoplesoft type jobs? 

Posted Jan 08, 2019 04:15 PM

We have used the same type of post process coding that modifies the return code to a 0, but we have also used an output filter for these PS jobs that end with a status=17, which means the job ended in peoplesoft with a warning that is not a fatal error so the job really shouldn't "fail". The output scan is quite simple and then we just add the Output Scan tab to the jobs that need it....I don't know that adding an agent or system level change would be a good idea or not....if there was a way to set it, which there might be, it would always "approve" the warning, when maybe that process should die on a warning....I don't know about that, but I've not really thought about doing that either....