CA Service Management

• 1.  USS Portal impersonation

Posted Dec 17, 2018 05:48 AM

Hi friends,

if there something similar to BOPSID for CA USS Portal?

I need to login a user into CA USS Portal without knowing his/her password. This is possible for CA SDM using BOPSID, but is there something similar for CA USS Portal?

Thank you for your ideas,

Jakub

• 2.  Re: USS Portal impersonation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2018 07:04 AM

Jakub,

This might work: http://host:8686/group/control_panel ->  Users and organizations ->  for a given user ->  click on the  Actions button and select Impersonate user.

I'm not 100% sure how that impacts displaying Catalog content for this instance of the user session.

_R

• 3.  Re: USS Portal impersonation

Posted Dec 17, 2018 07:46 AM

Hi Raghu,

This works fine - thank you for the tip! But as you were not 100% sure if it impacts the Catalog content - now I'm 100% sure it does. The catalog content won't display for the impersonated user..

Maybe it will help if I first call some Catalog URL and then impersonated USS portal URL - this procedure might keep the Catalog context in the browser (at least it works if I do the steps manually).

So I have some additional questions:

- Does Catalog itself support impersonation?

- Do you have some experiences with obtaining the "doAsUserId" USS ticket automatically? Some Liferay WS API or anything similar to getBopsid SDM method. I've red some Liferay discussions, but as I'm not a programmer, it doesn't give me much information..

I should also clarify the purpose of this discussion - our customer has some internal user portal and would like to display the USS content (communities, search, SC widgets etc.) inside the portal without any other authentication. The portal itself has some authentication procedure and on the CA SM side, we have only users which won't access the CA products directly.

Thank you for your time,

Jakub

• 4.  Re: USS Portal impersonation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2018 12:37 PM

Hi Jakub,

That's exactly why I was not sure how this would function as your previous session of USS would have created a session with SDM/Catalog already, so impersonation in that case via USS would not work the same as you would expect when it comes to showing Catalog/SDM content. 

Its more to test some very basic things with in USS as opposed to anything else.

_R