AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Issue with running AWS S3 Command through Autosys R11.3.6

Posted Dec 17, 2018 11:51 PM

Hi,

I want to run aws s3 command to upload files from EC2 instance to S3 Buckup. I put this in a Bash shell script and it runs successfully without any issues if I run it through command prompt. However, if i run it through autosys R11.3.6, it fails with error "Unable to locate credentials". My server admin told  that the IAM role for the user I'm running is configured correctly and it should have necessary permission and roles to run the aws s3 command. so the issue is when I run it with Autosys alone it is not working. Any thoughts?

• 2.  Re: Issue with running AWS S3 Command through Autosys R11.3.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2018 11:22 AM

Hi,

What type of credentials are you using?  It can be either environment variables or in the credentials file.

The credentials files should work as it is based on the owner used to run the job and should be in a set location.

*nix: ~/.aws/credentials

Windows: %UserProfile%\.aws

If you are using environment variables, you may need to source your user profile if the agent is not configured to do so.

I have jobs that use the aws s3 and other services and run just fine.  I have done both type of credentials as well.

Regards,

Mike