Service Virtualization

• 1.  Which Database does IAM use to store information?

Posted Dec 18, 2018 10:18 AM

When using IAM as part of DT 10.4, which database does IAM use?

I do not see much discussion about the IAM database in docops.

I looked at the ACL tables in the Registry database after starting all components, and the user I configured in IAM is not shown in the ACL_USERS table.  

I did find a keycloak.lock.db and keycloak.mv.db in IAM_HOME\standalone directory. 

Are these DB's the internal Derby databases used by IAM until the "switch" is made to an Enterprise DBMS?

My ultimate goal is to run a single IAM with multiple connected Registries. At some point, I would migrate from IAM's internal DB to an Enterprise DBMS.  However, I do not see any DDL in the IAM_HOME.  This leads me to presume that the Enterprise DBMS needs a database defined similarly to the Registry database (i.e., UTF-8 compliant, etc.) and the user ID/pwd used by IAM must be DBO to initialize the tables.

Any thoughts appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Which Database does IAM use to store information?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2018 11:31 AM

IAM has it's own database.  By default it uses Keycloak's relational database called H2.

We do not provide any of the DDL for this database at this time.

If you want to use an Enterprise database, you can use Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or DB2.  

Update the IAM Database - DevTest Solutions - 10.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

When running the DatasourceUpdater executable, DevTest will expect the database to have been already created and then it will create the tables.  You will have to provide where the JDBC driver is when running the executable.

The same kind of questions that is asked when installing DevTest 10.4.0 for IAM will be prompted when running DatasourceUpdater.

• 3.  Re: Which Database does IAM use to store information?

Posted Dec 18, 2018 12:52 PM

Thanks, Marcy.  Much appreciated.  I am glad I guessed correctly..  :-)