Rally Software

• 1.  How do I use dashes and wildcards in the main search of CA Agile Central?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2018 05:05 PM

I want to search for tickets that contain the following string: [SSG-8396]

Searching for [SSG-8396] displays the ticket I want as first result

Searching for SSG-8396 is also fine

Searching for SSG- does not show any meaningful results (it looks like the - gets ignored)

Searching for SSG-* does not show any results at all

Now the last one, I assume it's because the - is saying exclude *, which is pretty much exclude all characters

So my question is how do I escape the dash in the search to look for items following the pattern SSG-?

Thanks.

(I've based my assumption on https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/search-work-items#tips)

• 2.  Re: How do I use dashes and wildcards in the main search of CA Agile Central?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 03:20 AM

Jennard,

With regards to your question, in order to find Work Items which follows the pattern SSG- I'd use "SSG-" or Name:SSG in the Search box - these are the queries which can get you the closest results per our doc . Please let me know if that helps. 

Kind Regards,

Piotr

• 3.  Re: How do I use dashes and wildcards in the main search of CA Agile Central?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 01:46 PM

Thanks for your reply. I did see that doc page.

Anyway, I've tried the pattern in your reply. I don't see a difference in my search results between using Name:"SSG-" or Name:"SSG". If I want to include the dash character in my search, how do I do that? Thank you very much.

• 4.  Re: How do I use dashes and wildcards in the main search of CA Agile Central?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2018 01:01 PM

Hello Jennard, 

I have success searching on the keyword Bio- it returns multiple entries for me that match. I think because the operator '-' is not followed by any other terms or no space in the keyword string.

If you are still having trouble with searching with SSG- then do you mind sharing more details? For example: what page you are searching on? Is it the Advanced Filter? Using the Search... filter box or a specific search field (like Name)? Is the 'SSC-' text in the Name or Description field etc.? With that extra detail I will do more tests.

Note: I was using the Portfolio Items page, searching on Feature artifacts, and using the Search... field.