Service Virtualization

• 1.  Call another services in virtual service

Posted Dec 19, 2018 04:18 AM

We want to call another virtual services or real applications in our virtual service. 

How can I achieve this function?

Need we use some steps or customize steps that forward the message to another virtual services or real applications?

Very many thanks.

• 2.  Re: Call another services in virtual service

Posted Dec 19, 2018 12:13 PM

to call a real application in your virtual service - i guessing you want to forward that request to the LIVE system. If so, this can be achieved by adding the LIVE_INVOCATION step. it takes care of the forwarding your vse request to the LIVE system.

to call another virtual service - use the WEB SERVICE EXECUTION(XML) step and give the end-point url of your virtual service which you want to be called.

• 3.  Re: Call another services in virtual service

Posted Dec 20, 2018 06:21 AM

Very many thanks. I have 2 problems with this issue.

1. LIVE_INVOCATION step can send the message to real application but it send the primary request message that sent to this vs to real application. We need send some specific message according by request arguments to real application.

How can we set the specific message in LIVE_INVOCATION step? If not, can we use other step to send the message to real application?

2. Some virtual service that we want to call are based tcp protocol. So can WEB SERVICE EXECUTION(XML) send message to these virtual services based tcp protocal?

• 4.  Re: Call another services in virtual service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 08:51 AM

Re. 1 - set the specific message in LIVE_INVOCATION step

No, the intention of the LIVE_INVOCATION step is to forward the incoming request to a live version of the service that your current virtual service is virtualizing. If you want to send another payload then you will need to add additionnal steps to your VSM, as described under Re 2.

Re. 2 - Some virtual service that we want to call are based tcp protocol

WEB SERVICE EXECUTION(XML)  is HTTP call as the name indicates.

You can extend your .vsm workflow with whatever step available to you in DevTest Application Test. Unfortunately, there is no generic TCP step to my knowledge. So, for this requirement I would probably add an "Execute Script (JSR-223)" step and in there add the necessary lines of beanshell (with Java), or Groovy, or... to execute that TCP call.

Cheers,

Danny 

• 5.  Re: Call another services in virtual service

Posted Dec 21, 2018 02:40 AM

Very many thanks. 

I will add the step to our vsm to execute that TCP call.