CA Service Management

• 1.  Connection Time Out error in BSI Adapters

Posted Dec 20, 2018 02:09 AM

Hello,

I am getting "connection time out error" for all the adapters(both text file and SQL adapters) in BSI App Server.

Has anybody faced a similar issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sushank Saini

• 2.  Re: Connection Time Out error in BSI Adapters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2018 11:04 AM

Are you talking about the default status of "No Connection" which all adapters show before they run properly for the first time from the GUI? If so, this is normal. 

If you're not referring to the default status then most likely they cannot connect to the adapter listener and you need to make sure the service is running and the port that adapter uses to connect is open. But you should check the log file for the specific error. Support can help further with config issues like this.

• 3.  Re: Connection Time Out error in BSI Adapters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2018 11:20 AM

@Scott,

I spoke to customer in regards to issue (case opened) and noted below error messages. Suggested custoerm to contact DBA team to identify why oracle table space was not able to extend during the process. Pending update from Customer on this further.

Error Message: 
    --------------------- 

Caught COM ERROR in operation EXECUTE (INSERT INTO T_RAW_DATA....) 

[ORA-01653: unable to extend table BSIADMIN.T_RAW_DATA by 8192 in tablespace TBS_CSL_DATA_TAB_01 (HR: 0x80040e14) (IDispatch error #3092) (Source = OraOLEDB)][(Error #80040e14) (Source = OraOLEDB) (Description = ORA-01653: unable to extend table BSIADMIN.T_RAW_DATA by 8192 in tablespace TBS_CSL_DATA_TAB_01) (NativeError: 675)] 

• 4.  Re: Connection Time Out error in BSI Adapters

Posted Dec 24, 2018 04:22 AM

Thanks for the response Scott.

Actually,I was checking just the logs of Adapters and missed to check the System Log.

The adapter was executing,creating a connection but got stuck while fetching data.

As suspected,it got clear from the system logs that adapter was not able to write data to the DB as the tablespace had gotten full.

Had discussion with Maheshwar regarding this the other day and have asked my DBA to do the needful.

Regards,

Sushank Saini