DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

john Robert singh

john Robert singhJan 24, 2019 03:14 AM

john Robert singh

john Robert singhMar 07, 2019 01:25 AM

• 1.  Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Dec 20, 2018 03:06 AM

Hi All,

We have integrated the ca pc with ca spectrum and events are forwarding from ca pc to spectrum is fine ..we can see the alert in ca spectrum console but when i try to split the events based on the events rules it's not working ..

here is the event split ..

original event 0x5c40011

and created the new events with different title .

but when i see the alert in spectrum console .. it's showing only the cause code is changing in the alert ..

but there is no new event is creating in event console ...

the below screen shot describe the actual issue...

event casue code is changing in oneclick console but there is no event is created for 0xfff00051 in event console..it's still showing only primary pc event only..

and alert title is not changing in 0xfff00051 (alert title is 0xfff00051 -Error Occured on Interface)

Thanks,

john.

• 2.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 08:17 AM

Hi John,

Did you configure event 0xfff00050 to be logged in the DDM database?  In Event configuration, select the event, in the lower right Details, open Event Options and in the "Logging" make sure "Store Event in Historical Database" is selected.

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Dec 21, 2018 03:10 AM

Hi Jason,

I am not familiar with ca event configuration and data base ..

Can you explain me why we need to store the event in the historical database..

after i save the  0xfff00051  event in to Db also there is no change alarm type & cause code  only changing but it's not creating the new event ..and alarm title also not changed..

event config:

Base event from ca pc:

0x5c40011:

Thanks,

john.

• 4.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Dec 24, 2018 01:35 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone help me on this...

Thanks,

john.

• 5.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 26, 2018 09:39 AM

I do not think the event rules you have are going to work. You have rules like this

({ v 124} == {S Utilization > 60.0})

I see a couple problems with this.

1. I've never seen event rules that have a calculation embedded. I do not think this is supported. 

2. You are comparing a String "S Utilization" to a number/integer. That does not make sense. You can't compare a string to a number value. Thats apples and oranges. 

I am not certain why you want to split CAPC events but the rules you have here do not look correct. Maybe someone else can confirm or suggest an alternative? 

Regards

Jay V

• 6.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 02, 2019 12:44 PM

John,

Jay V is correct.

Using your original post examples:

Your rule has the following:

else if ({v 124} == {S Errors > 1.0}) evaluates to TRUE, then generate 0xfff00051

In the above Condition, it is stating the value of varbind "124" must equal "Errors > 1.0" to evaluate TRUE.

The associated event has the following:

7) Alarm Violation Rule Details :PctDiscards > 0.1

In the above event, varbind "124" is equal to "PctDiscards > 0.1".

So, the 0xfff00051 event will not be created. 

I do not believe Spectrum supports the functionality to compute within the condition variables: ie {S Errors > 1.0}

Is this what you are trying to do with your condition rule?

Joe

• 7.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 03, 2019 05:16 AM

Hi Joseph,

It's creating the event and cause code is changed but alarm title only not changing...

Thanks,

john.

• 8.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 03, 2019 11:17 AM

John,

This is going to take more detailed trouble shooting and testing to debug than can be done through the communities.

if you have not already done so, I recommend opening a case with Spectrum Support.

Joe

• 9.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 22, 2019 05:41 AM

Hi Joseph,

I have open the ca support case .. 

if you have any idea about this kindly share ...

Thanks,

john.

• 10.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Jan 24, 2019 03:14 AM

Hi All,

Any idea in this...

Thanks,

john.

• 11.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Feb 21, 2019 12:35 AM

Hi All,

Now i am using the dynamic alarm title for this .. now alarm title is changed but the event is showing only the alarm title another variables are null only.. can any one tell me how to copy some the event variable from base event to new event ..

but in this only alarm title is showing (4-76620) but the event id is not showing (2, 107) in the new event..

eventdisp file...

original event:

i want the event ID and item Name in the new event...

Thanks,

john.

• 12.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Feb 22, 2019 01:21 AM

Hi All,

Anyone can help to resolve this ..

Thanks,

john.

• 13.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Feb 25, 2019 02:20 AM

Hi All,

Anyone can help me to resolve this ..

Thanks,

john.

• 14.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Feb 27, 2019 12:47 AM

Hi All,

Anyone can help to resolve this ..

Thanks,

john.

• 15.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 07, 2019 01:25 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone help me in this...

Thanks,

john.

• 16.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 12, 2019 09:51 AM

What is the case number of the case opened in Spectrum Support?

Joe

• 17.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 14, 2019 02:12 AM

HI Joseph,

FYI,

Thanks,

john.

• 18.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 14, 2019 11:55 AM

John,

I want to run this in my lab. Can you share the following information:

1. A copy of the custom EventDisp file with the Event rule on the 0x5c40011 event

2. Copies of the 0xfff00050, 0xfff00051 and 0xfff00052 Event Format files

3. A copy of the original 0x5c40011 event from the Events tab showing the complete event 

Thhank you,

Joe

• 19.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 19, 2019 02:55 AM

Hi Joseph,

How to share the file , i haven't seen the attach option in this or your mail id.

Thanks,

john.

• 20.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 19, 2019 07:54 AM

John,

Send directly to me Joseph.Ackley@broadcom.com

Joe

• 21.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 13, 2019 05:26 AM

Hi John,

Did you get any resolution for this ? 

I tried this but it's not working..

Thanks,

Bijender

• 22.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 14, 2019 02:14 AM

HI Bijender,

I have tried but the alarm title is changing but the new event doesn't copying the alarm id show can't able to clear the alram automatically. 

Thanks,

john.

• 23.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 13, 2019 06:55 AM

John,

Just a thought here, did you check if the EventDisp content is the same throughout the SS?

Best regards,

Zacchi

• 24.  Re: Want to split the CA PC events and create the multiple alert in ca spectrum

Posted Mar 14, 2019 02:15 AM

Hi Zacchi,

I have checked and added the same EventDisp file in oneclick and SS.

still it's not copying the other event variables from main event to new event.

Thanks,

john.