DX NetOps

• 1.  Notification not generated on DA/DC/DR Failover in CAPC

Posted Dec 20, 2018 06:19 AM

Hi Experts,

I need your help to overcome the issue i am facing with my CAPC 3.5.

I need to active the notifications for the failover of CAPC components so that i can check the issue on time for early resolution of issue. but after setting up notification settings approx. 5-6 times my Data Aggregator status goes to failed but not a single notification is generated its really a bad thing that all 24 hours i am not able to open pc and monitor its health status.

Screenshots attached FYI.

• 2.  Re: Notification not generated on DA/DC/DR Failover in CAPC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 04:56 PM

Did the event sought for notification triggers get generated? Do we see that event?

• 3.  Re: Notification not generated on DA/DC/DR Failover in CAPC

Posted Dec 22, 2018 12:18 PM

Hi,

Don't know where these events appears but i see events on DATA Aggregator now and it represents the following.

• 4.  Re: Notification not generated on DA/DC/DR Failover in CAPC
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 12:43 PM

Those are the OOTB system events you'll want to set up Notifications against to be alerted when they are raised.

The Notification filter needs to match the Events. You have Critical Severity Events only selected

These Event Details for the same type of event in a support lab shows it's a Normal severity. Changing your filter to ensure it matches and should trigger against these events, should resolve this.

• 5.  Re: Notification not generated on DA/DC/DR Failover in CAPC

Posted Jan 14, 2019 06:26 AM

Thanks Michael issue got resolved by your suggested way.