Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we convert csv containing xml format data into an excel/csv with only column names and data against each column in test script?

• 1.  Can we convert csv containing xml format data into an excel/csv with only column names and data against each column in test script?

Posted Dec 20, 2018 11:37 AM
      |   view attached

I have created a test script. This has 9 steps. In 8 steps a .txt file gets created as output and each .txt file has xml data.

Last step has result of all 8 steps stored in a csv file which has the xml data .

The above data is extracted from Sybase DB.

So,  when I run the ITR the result is stored in csv file and the stored result contains xml data in it. Can we convert csv containing xml format data into an excel/csv with only column names and data against each column in test script?

I have more than 100 columns..

I want to convert such csv file (attached)  in excel table format. I want to remove tags/ xml format .

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Can we convert csv containing xml format data into an excel/csv with only column names and data against each column in test script?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 02:06 PM

The only think I can think of is to do this in a script, or using an external command step to execute a conversion via a command line.  If you do a search on convert csv to xls, there are alot of examples on how to do so.