IDMS

• 1.  RHDCSRTT External Security

Posted Dec 21, 2018 08:12 AM

We had our applications' external security tasks /resources defined in RHDCSRTT in the higher test environment.  All security codes were added and relevant access was granted to different groups but I think due to some urgent developer testing requirements (more than 4 yrs ago); all tasks for applications were deleted from RHDCSRTT in this environment.  One of the developers recently needed to test something and added more security codes to the application and to his surprise, the security wasn't working,  I then added the tasks for this application back to the security module; but still the security doesn't work. I think the tasks I re-added are still not associated to the security codes because the security codes were added first and I added the task after.  When I compared RACF settings to PRD, I noticed this:

PRD Environment

RRRR @RCORP $IDMS001 IDMSPRD.RRRRA01.Rnnn - 00000sss - UPDATE TYPE OU

Higher Test Environment

@RCORP $IDMS001 IDMSGTU.RRRRA01.Rnnn - 00000sss - UPDATE TYPE OUVERTURE

RRRR - Task

sss     -   Security code

As you can see above, the task is blank for Higher test environment.  How can I resolve this problem?  The application is very big and re-defining all security codes will be a serious mission?  Please help!!

• 2.  Re: RHDCSRTT External Security

Posted Jan 16, 2019 11:11 PM

This issue has been resolved.  I thought the cause of the problem had something to do with sequence of events that occurred on the Application's security, that is; adding security during application development; deleting application's security from RHDCSRTT Table and then later re-adding security back to the security table.  It is okay to do this, but to resolve the issue, I had to switch OPT00086 and OPT00087 of RHDCOPTF on. 

• 3.  Re: RHDCSRTT External Security

Posted Jan 16, 2019 11:15 PM

Psssst!  A new article related to my case was written recently.  Please check the attached link

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/adsa-application-security-not-enforced/KB000124038