CA Client Automation

• 1.  Upgrade process for CA ITCM 12.8

Posted Dec 31, 2018 11:10 PM

Hello Experts,

As we are planning to upgrade CA ITCM 12.8 to the latest version on 14.1. As of now, our client environment is CA ITCM installed on windows 2008 single box. Please suggest me how to perform this activity. 

Happy New Year 2019 

Thanks 

Dinesh Choudhary 

• 2.  Re: Upgrade process for CA ITCM 12.8

Posted Jan 01, 2019 02:28 PM

The latest version is r14 SP2, which DOES support a direct upgrade from r12.8:

Upgrade and Migration Considerations - CA Client Automation - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

According to the support matrix, r14 SP2 does also support Windows 2008 SP2 (with or without R2):

https://docops.ca.com/ca-client-automation/14-0/en/supportability-matrix 

ITCM upgrades are performed, over-the-top, starting with the Enterprise, then the Domain(s), then Scalability Servers, and finally the agents.  r14 SP2 does have an agent auto-upgrade feature to help automate agent upgrades, to lessen the manual effort required, so I would look into that.

Also note with the r14 installer, whether your MDB is local or remote on each manager, you do not have to run the MDB upgrade separately, as you did in r12.5 versions and earlier.  When you perform the upgrade on the Enterprise or Domain application server, it will reach out to the database, locally or remotely to apply any database schema changes.

Let us know what further questions you have.  Once you've upgraded to r14 SP2, I would reach out to support, and obtain any recommended patches.

• 3.  Re: Upgrade process for CA ITCM 12.8

Posted Jan 03, 2019 08:59 PM

Hi,

Happy New Year 

Thanks for suggesting me. but i want to know about what will effect on SQL database. Database on the dedicated machine.

Thanks 

Dinesh Choudhary 

• 4.  Re: Upgrade process for CA ITCM 12.8

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2019 10:27 PM

Hi,

Please check the compatibility matrix regarding MDB. Most of supported database with r12.8 can be supported with r14.0 SP2. So, you may be able to upgrade ITCM directly. If you need, you can upgrade database after upgrading ITCM. 

CA Client Automation - Manager and Server Compatibility Matrix - CA Technologies 

Regards

Yas