Layer7 API Management

• 1.  My LDAP query somehow adds an ? to the query.

Posted Jan 02, 2019 09:26 AM

My LDAP query somehow adds an ? to the query.

The API gateway shows (&(<rest of the query>

The LDAP receives  (&(?<rest of the query>

This has worked before, but now somehow does not anymore

• 2.  Re: My LDAP query somehow adds an ? to the query.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2019 10:48 AM

Hi Pablo 

The first question would be which version of the GW are you using and was anything changed ?

What kind of ldap are you using ?

How do you check what the ldap recieved ?

Regards 

Dirk

• 3.  Re: My LDAP query somehow adds an ? to the query.

Posted Jan 03, 2019 03:57 AM

Hello Dirk,

Gateway version 9.3 CR4. The issue seems to occur after the upgrade from CR2

We also have an LDAP in our control and log the query's that take place on that LDAP. So when we connect to that LDAP we can see the query.

Normally the query gets send to Microsoft AD. But there we cant see the query. The strange thing is that the ? only appears to appear at the Objectclass=group. When we remove the Objectclass=group we do get an answer.

With this answer though we should get multiple results (4 groups with a dynamic query) When we check the box (allow multiple search results) with a maximum of 0 (unlimited) we get the error "The search filter '(&(cn=APP_VBU_ACP*)(member=CN=Pablo van der Veen,BASEDN))' did not return any ldap entry" When we uncheck the box we get the error "The search filter '(&(cn=APP_VBU_ACP*)(member=CN=Pablo van der Veen,BASEDN))' returned too many results (maximum 1)"  Still the assertion does not fail (as it should), but uses the first entry it got back from the AD. Therefore part of the functionality works, but only for 1 of my 4 groups.

Sorry the issue has changed a bit (we kinda worked around the ?, it is still an issue), hope you can help.

Kind regards,

Pablo

• 4.  Re: My LDAP query somehow adds an ? to the query.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:39 AM

Hi Pablo ,

if this is still a issue , i would advice to raise a support case , so we can have a closer look and try to reproduce it 

Regards

Dirk