AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  Paying for JAVA support

Posted Jan 02, 2019 05:24 PM

Greetings

The https://blog.securityevaluators.com/oracle-java-ecosystem-major-upcoming-changes-18ded4ab1b5e, URL indicates Oracle may be changing the support for JAVA that might require AM users to pay for the support being indicated.  I opened a support ticket with CA but wanted to know if other AM users have heard about these changes and how this new expense "may" be passed on to AM users.

Please indicate what you may have heard.  I will also update the discussion with the response from CA regarding my related ticket.

Thank you.

Clifford Dawkins

• 2.  Re: Paying for JAVA support

Posted Jan 03, 2019 12:06 PM

Just wanted to share the response I got from support:

" ...At the end of February we will be releasing Applications Manager 9.3 which will support Java 11 open jdk which does not require a license to use. If you want to use the java provided by Oracle you wil have to purchase a license from Oracle to use it. Applications manager Version 9.3 will also support a non webstart client..."

• 3.  Re: Paying for JAVA support

Posted Mar 04, 2019 12:40 PM

I am not seeing that AM 9.3 is available for download yet. Anyone get their hands on this release yet? I just want to make sure I am not missing it.

Thanks,

Tim

• 4.  Re: Paying for JAVA support

Posted May 02, 2019 10:32 AM

There are several Ideas asking for support for OpenJDK but if there's an up-to-date status report on this, I don't know where it is. Is AM currently supported for OpenJDK's Java 8? We can't go to Java 11 until other products support it (Ellucian's Banner).