CA Client Automation

Category "distributed software policies" of DomainManager nodes within control panel in DSM explorer of an enterprise manager does not work

• 1.  Category "distributed software policies" of DomainManager nodes within control panel in DSM explorer of an enterprise manager does not work

Posted Jan 03, 2019 03:55 AM

Hi,

we have an EM (Enterprise Manager) and quite a few DMs (Domain Manager) with ITCM 14.02. The DSM Explorer on the EM has its own Control Panel, meaning I am not referring here to the control panel in windows. Within the DSM Control panel exists a category named domains, where all domain managers are listed. If you expand a DM you get different categories again, one of them being "Distributed Software policies" (My translation from German to English).
    Unfortunately, this category seems unreliable. Not all SW policies that were distributed to this DM are listed. Only in rare cases do the SW policies that are listed here match the actual policies on the respective DM. If a policy is not listed here but is actually present on the DM I cannot create a container in order to create a job to de-register the policy. Instead I get the message "specified jobcontainer not found". From the EMs perspective understandable, from the DMs perspective not.

So I tried to be smart and register this policy again from the EM on this DM. I also set the check mark for "Replace found Enterprise Software policy". However, this does not work either, this time most likely because it finds the policy on the DM. Instead, I get the message

Cause: action for jobcontainer failed: internal error.

Why then is there this option featuring the check mark?

Is there any way to correct the content of "Distributed Software policies" for a DM node in the DSM control panel on the EM?

I find it unfortunate that I do have an EM and cannot use it as I feel I should be able to. As it stands now I always have to go through all DMs to delete the SW policy there. After that I can delete a faulty package that was connected to that policy. Then I can distribute the policy together with the package again. I could distribute a sw policy under a new name. But first, that would clutter all my DMs, and second, the faulty software policy would still be present on the DM.

Would somebody know a solution to this predicament?

I would certainly like these DM nodes in the control panel of DSM explorer on the EM to work properly.
    Is there a hotfix or patch?

Thank you.

Regards