Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  PAMSC Endpoint Mgmt Tabs Control

Posted Jan 03, 2019 02:14 AM

Hi all,

Is there any way to control the tabs visibility to user that login to the PAMSC Endpoint Mgmt Web UI?

Currently, I only knew it can be controlled by assigning the user with ADMIN and/or AUDITOR user mode only.  This however, does not allow me to have user only able to perform user administration functions only e.g. create, update and delete users/groups.  Not allow to administer the other resource classes like SUDO, SURROGATE, TERMINAL, etc.

• 2.  Re: PAMSC Endpoint Mgmt Tabs Control
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 10:33 AM

Hello Hock,

In the ENTM it is possible to restrict users from certain tasks in the UI by basically assigning the user to the relevant Admin Role.

What is to see in the Endpoint Management is however determined by the User Type of the relevant AC user, e.g

Creating a user tester in selang:

PAMSC> eu tester auditor password(log69in) unix

This user in Endpoint Management only sees Dashboard, Audit Events and Command Console tabs.

• 3.  Re: PAMSC Endpoint Mgmt Tabs Control

Posted Jan 11, 2019 04:12 AM

Hi Andreas,

I am trying to have define a user to only allow user administration functions e.g. Create, Update and Delete UNIX account,  reset password.  This user should not have the rights to access control rules.  Is this possible to achieve?