DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  SNMP collector-Interface rediscovery

Posted Jan 04, 2019 12:25 AM

Hi All,

Could someone help me with the below queries.

1)During the rediscovery, will all the new interfaces get discovered automatically based on the interface filters?

2) If i want to remove all the interfaces which are currently down from monitoring, and do a fresh discovery(with all the interfaces which are currently up)  how can I achieve  that?

I also need alerts when the interfaces goes down

3)What is the difference between interface admin status and operational status.

Regards,

Usha 

• 2.  Re: SNMP collector-Interface rediscovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 05:59 AM

What do you mean "Interface filter" ? Is it filter in monitoring template ?

• 3.  Re: SNMP collector-Interface rediscovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2019 07:06 PM

For the question 3

ifAdminStatus - The device polling status
    ifOperStatus - The interface status

• 4.  Re: SNMP collector-Interface rediscovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2019 08:40 PM

For question 2, snmptd probe helps you to manage link-down situation via trap management.

I think this approach is more reasonable when you want to monitor interface down situation.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/snmptd-simple-network-management-protocol-trap-daemon-monitoring

Regards, Yu

• 5.  Re: SNMP collector-Interface rediscovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2019 09:47 AM

#3 - ifAdminStatus OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX INTEGER { up(1), down(2), testing(3) } ACCESS read-write STATUS mandatory DESCRIPTION "The desired state of the interface. The testing(3) state indicates that no operational packets can be passed."

ifOperStatus OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX INTEGER { up(1), down(2), testing(3) } ACCESS read-only STATUS mandatory DESCRIPTION "The current operational state of the interface. The testing(3) state indicates that no operational packets can be passed."

• 6.  Re: SNMP collector-Interface rediscovery

Posted Jan 08, 2019 02:02 PM