DX NetOps

• 1.  Time Filtering in Dashboards

Posted Jan 04, 2019 02:26 AM

Hi All,

I created a dashboard using Custom View - Infrastructure Management, IM Table (Top).  When I enable Time Filtering and apply a Time Zone Filter outside my own time zone I get "No Data To Display" message on the dashboard.

I assume that the Time Filtering will allow me to view the dashboard in that particular time zone.  I've got network devices globally and I'm assuming this feature can help me view the information in "their" time zone?

• 2.  Re: Time Filtering in Dashboards
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 04:23 AM

Hello indothai,

please review Customize Views - CA Performance Management - 3.6 - CA Technologies Documentation  

and in particular, the following paragraph:

Assign Time Zone and Business Hour Filters to a View

To show data for particular business hours, assign a time zone and business hours filter to the view. Only items in site groups with the selected business hours filter appear in the view with this filter. If the group context does not include groups with the assigned time zone and business hours, the view shows no data. The subtitle of the view indicates which time zone and business hours filters apply to the view.

(more)

Hth,

Lutz.

• 3.  Re: Time Filtering in Dashboards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2019 04:18 PM

Hi,

Did the input from Lutz resolve this?

Thanks,

Mike

• 4.  Re: Time Filtering in Dashboards

Posted Feb 03, 2019 09:57 PM

Sure did.  Thanks.

• 5.  Re: Time Filtering in Dashboards

Posted Feb 03, 2019 09:57 PM

Hi Lutz,

Your suggestion seems to work.  I wasn't aware that I had to create separate site groups.  My teams are still investigating if it meets the team's requirements, though I think it does.

Thanks!

Narongkij T.