AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Auto cancellation of SAP job resulting in DE server down

Posted Jan 04, 2019 09:42 AM

We have setup a job to auto cancel the job when it exceeds particular time using 'Alert' that triggers the below JavaScript.

Overdue ,If a job not completed by 11.59.00 PM --> it triggers an ALERT " JOBKILL" which triggers the below Javascript

"execCommand("%WOB._name","%(APPL._eventname).%(APPL._gen)","ACTION JOBCANCEL Reason('Next instance is running')");"

Whenever  above function is performed , DE server itself going down  again we have start it manually .

Is there a fix for it ?anyone facing the same issue?

• 2.  Re: Auto cancellation of SAP job resulting in DE server down

Posted Jan 04, 2019 12:09 PM

Just a thought. 

The execCommand might not be quite right. This is just a guess....I did not try this out. I don't think the paren should be after the %. 

This line

"%(APPL._eventname).%(APPL._gen)"

might need to be

"%APPL._eventname.%APPL._gen"

Obviously try this out in test...

2¢ 

• 3.  Re: Auto cancellation of SAP job resulting in DE server down

Posted Jan 04, 2019 03:32 PM

Javascript "execCommand("%WOB._name","%(APPL._eventname).%(APPL._gen)","ACTION JOBCANCEL Reason('Next instance is running')");"
    hid work  ,
    it does cancel the active SAP jobs also in-addition DE server itself going down

• 4.  Re: Auto cancellation of SAP job resulting in DE server down

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2019 12:40 PM

I agree with Sharon on the usage of the execCommand and unable to reproduce the issue, please open a support case on this. Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Auto cancellation of SAP job resulting in DE server down

Posted Jan 04, 2019 02:04 PM

Hi,

We don't do this in production but I have tested it with

execCommand ('%WOB._fullname','%(APPL._name).%APPL._gen', 'ACTION KILL');

The documentation I find is that JOBCANCEL isn't a job action. 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-de/12-0/en/scheduling/using-javascript/built-in-functions/job-subapplication-and-application-control-javascript-function

Back when I was testing I also made a note the ACTION KILL doesn't work for all job types.  Does a SAP job have a cancel active job when you right click in monitor, I know Oracle EBS jobs do not.

Sharon

• 6.  Re: Auto cancellation of SAP job resulting in DE server down

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2019 02:10 AM

Hi,

Does the server shut down say the reason from the logs. I will be interested to know why it caused the shutdown. Cancelling an active job should not lead to server shutdown. 

Thanks and regards,

Ravi Kiran