CA Service Management

• 1.  Email Notification Trigger for Workflow task status change.

Posted Jan 07, 2019 06:08 AM

I am trying to Trigger an email notification when the workflow task status in a change order changes,but only i can execute that for a change order status and not for workflow task status. I am using CA ITSM 17.1 version.I also tried creating new notification rule with conditions and acitivity notification,but do not work for workflow status change email notification.

Can somebody figure out is there any option to trigger email notification when the workflow task status in a change order gets changed.

My workflow status transition works fine,only concern is i need to trigger a email notification when workflow task moves from one status to another.

Thanks,

Priyanka

• 2.  Re: Email Notification Trigger for Workflow task status change.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2019 10:53 AM

Priyanka, if the workflow tasks are from chg category, you would need to send notification using the behavior(the default action is "Action" so when you search for action, change the type to "multiple notification" otherwise you will see those actions only which does not give you chance to associate a multiple notification to a behavior); if the workflow tasks are

manually inserted/deleted/attached, you could use one of 

delete workflow task
    insert  workflow task
    workflow tasks attached

activity notifications to send email notifications. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Email Notification Trigger for Workflow task status change.

Posted Jan 09, 2019 01:22 AM

Thank You!! It Works,when choosing multiple notification instead of action macro and add that  to the behaviour of the workflow task.