CA Service Management

• 1.  Pop-up notification in SDM with PAM

Posted Jan 07, 2019 12:45 PM

Friends,

Does anyone have a solution to share that allows a new notification method in SDM to send a pop-up notification on the analyst's screen that informs you that there is a few minutes left to violate the SLA of a Ticket?

We have CA Service Desk Manager 17.x and CA Process Automation in the company and would like a solution that involves only those two products. If possible, of course.

The idea is to send a popup to the analyst or group on ticket through one of the events associated with the SLA, stating that there is a few minutes left for violation. Thanks for the help.

• 2.  Re: Pop-up notification in SDM with PAM

Posted Jan 07, 2019 06:00 PM

This is probably a bad idea but sounds cool.. You can trigger windows 10 action center notifications via PowerShell. If you have the assignees workstation linked to them in the CMDB (or other means) you might be able to trigger a windows 10 action center notification via PAM. This probably has a bunch of limitations I'm not aware of, but might be worth looking into.

GitHub - Windos/BurntToast: Module for creating and displaying Toast Notifications on Microsoft Windows 10. 

• 3.  Re: Pop-up notification in SDM with PAM

Posted Jan 08, 2019 06:50 AM

In some situations and for a specific group of analysts, this solution could be useful because they are not constantly viewing the SDM screen.

• 4.  Re: Pop-up notification in SDM with PAM

Posted Jan 08, 2019 09:07 AM

I've written some monitoring scripts for my own use using that powershell module and it works well, not sure how it would work running from PAM but I really like the functionality.